Thin cotton or polyester *thread* is doubled, then twisted. It is then rolled over areas of unwanted hair, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike using tweezers, where single hairs are pulled out one at a time, threading can remove short rows of hair.
Benefits of Threading
- Allows exfoliation of dead skin cells.
- Irritation and skin rash is uncommon.
- Works on all skin types including guests who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar products contraindicated for other methods of hair removal.
- Not recommended if you have had a chemical peel in the last 48 hours.
- Not recommended for bikini areas or severe acne (best results on smooth skin surfaces).
- Avoid the sun.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Avoid harsh chemicals.
- Avoid swimming.
- Do not wear foundation.