- Chinese (Simplified)
To Take Care of Those We Love, We Must Start by Taking Care of Ourselves
Why is it so easy to take care of others but so easy to forget about ourselves? It can feel selfish to put ourselves first. Even though it feels selfish, it’s not. When you start taking care of yourself as a whole, your happiness increases, which means you’ll have more joy to give to others!
Here are a few tips to help you put yourself first
Start with self-care- If our ‘giving tanks’ are running on “E” it can be near impossible to give to others. The best way to refill that tank is by practicing a few healthy self-care habits like:
- Journaling- spend a few moments each morning to write down how you’re feeling or to just jot down what you’re thankful for that day.
- Moving your body- Take a 30-minute walk, head to the gym for a good sweat session or just stretch in your living room.
- Drinking plenty of water- We all know water has so many benefits! Make sure you’re drinking enough water each day.
- Booking a massage- We all need a little extra help relaxing. Massage Therapy is a great way to relax your mind and body while releasing any stress, anxiety and tension that is built up in the body.
- Putting your phone away- An hour before bed, try putting your phone in another room or on silent. This will give your brain a break and hopefully help your mind and body relax before bed.
Ask for help when you need it- There’s nothing wrong with asking for help. We all need help from time to time! Even if you need a word of encouragement, call a friend or family member to have them remind you how amazing you are!
Focus on the positive- Every time a negative thought creeps into your mind, override it with a positive one. After time, this will become easier and easier to do!
Do something fun!- Our routines can get a little monotonous, which is why it’s so important to do something fun! Whether that’s traveling to a new city for the day or starting a new hobby, make time to have some fun!